Villa Minozzo - a garden of Eden
Villa Minozzo is a region in the National Park of the Giant withing the Tuscan Emilia national Park and also designated an area of special interest by UNESCO and also designated as an MAB area (Man and Biosphere).
The significance is that it is a protected area, where wildlife flourishes and traditional culture and ways of living are embraced and encouraged.There are many wonderful, unspoilt areas we can take you to for a day, or half day trip. Here are some options.
- Amazing ridge walk at Passo Praderena
- La Pietra di Bismantova - a huge rock formation with wonderful views, and lots of interest in many forms.
- You can also try rock climbing or the Via Ferrata there if you are a bit wild!
- Waterfall at Golfarone, and rock pools.
- Walks through the woodlands at Ligonchio following waterfalls.
- Take the chairlift to Monte Cusna and walk to the summit. This can also be a lovely romantic evening activity.
- Walk up to Monte PrampaMore..
Francesco's family originate from Villa Minozzo and he can tell you all sorts of interesting information about local customs and foods.
Both Pheona and Francesco can take you on guided walks or tours of the area.
Pheona, originaria della Scozia, vive a Villa Minozzo da 11 anni gestendo una scuola d'arte di successo, organizzando escursioni della zona e insegnando inglese privatamente e nelle scuole superiori locali.